Saturday, May 19, 2012

Laundry...



Have you ever noticed that no matter how much laundry you do there is always more to do.  The other day I had finished my final load and was folding the warm towels fresh from the dryer and I turned around to leave the laundry room and there was an entire hamper full of dirty  boy clothes sitting there.  It's like it springs up out of no where and you start all over again. 


I have to be honest.  I love the smell of fresh clean laundry, from the dryer or on the line there is just something about it that makes me feel good.



Now I know everyone knows about missing socks.  Where is the missing sock?  There is a black hole out there that sucks them in or there is a sock eating critter that lives in every laundry room.  Well this year I decided I was going to try to be more positive and optimistic - so, I no longer complain about missing socks I just thank God for sending me extras.


When I was a kid, my mom ironed everything, hankies (for you young ones, a hankie is a re-useable Kleenex), shirts, dresses, pants and even the bed sheets.  I have never understood why bedding needed to be ironed or why you would spend time ironing something that you were going to blow your nose on.  Even at my age now I have to wonder.

There are few things that you can actually count on, having to pay taxes, jury duty, the sun rising and the sun setting, dying and Laundry.  It's some how comforting to know it will always be there for me.
:O),

Patti

1 comment:

  1. There is something satisfying about doing laundry. I know lots of people who hate to do it, but me--I kind of enjoy it. Like you, the smell of clean laundry is a pleasure to me. I also like hanging clothes on a line outside. I've never figured out why but it's a quiet time that I enjoyed when my kids were growing up. Don't do that anymore. Maybe I should....

    ReplyDelete