Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer is coming




Summer is coming and I can't wait. The other day I was sitting on a bench and the person just down from me started putting on sun screen.  And suddenly I smelled summer. It took me back to my uncle's backyard pool where I would spend the summer with all my cousins.  It was such a wonderful time. 

             
                                
The taste of water melon does the same thing.  Such a wonderful feeling. I love the summer it makes me feel young.  I want my summer vacation - I want to hang out at the beach - I want to play in the pool and have a fourth of July picnic.  I want to hang out with my cousins and laugh. I want to go camping this summer in a place where there is water to swim in and sun to warm in and friends to laugh with and Marshmallows to toast, it isn't summer without them. 
         
                                  

Summer is the honey suckle blooms and bumble bees, butterflies and sprinklers on high. It the raised voices of children at play, and eating out on the patio, riding bikes and fires in the fire pit.  Summer is not just a season - it's a feeling in my heart and I can have it even on the coldest day and it warms my heart and soul.  So, to all of you - welcome to the summer, go out in the sun and have some fun, but don't forget the sunscreen!


No comments:

Post a Comment