Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Writing to Heal



I have wanted to be a writer all my life. When I was younger I would write these drama filled, broken hearted poems. I wrote stories, I wrote in journals and notebooks, on scraps of paper and I even have some old envelopes that I wrote on when I couldn't find anything else.  Writing helps me understand my feelings and how to deal with them. It allows me a safe place to have my feelings and then (hopefully) let them go.  writing affords me the opportunity to vent, gripe, bitch, whine, dream, and then breath.  Writing helps me heal what's hurting and share anything I want without fear of ridicule or embarassment, because I'm the one who chooses who is invited to see.  I have been working on a YA book for a few years now and I don't know if  I'll ever complete it, but the act of doing it is what I find healing and refreshing.  I want to be a writer some day, hey, wait... look at me I'm writing and that's makes me a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment