Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Watch what you say

First of all - I'm just saying  I am hard of hearing - it's just the way it is - in our home the older you get the louder the TV.
And a lot of times if the speaker is not facing me I can't understand what they are saying.  I get so tired of saying "What" that sometimes I will just nod and smile and say, "uh huh, oh yeah"  sometimes it works and sometime I get some real weird looks - whatever.

But have you noticed some people talk and talk and say absolutely nothing, they can't stand the silence or maybe they fear it, so they go on and on and on.

I have to confess I do that when I nervous.

And then there are people who you can't turn your back on, because they talk so much trash to you about others it makes you wonder what they say about you.




Sometimes I just want the peace of silence and sometimes I crave the talk, but your mouth can be a weapon - it can cause pain or humiliation, it can change lives.  It is really important to remember you will make a difference in the lives of the people you touch  - whether good or bad is up to you.

Talk nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment